Baptistcare is one of WA?s largest not-for-profit providers of residential care, at home services, retirement living and disability services, supporting individuals and communities in metro and regional areas for over 40 years, and employs over 1,500 staff.
Baptistcare?s At Home Services uses a fresh approach, working in partnership with our customers, their families, friends and other stakeholders to find the best way of achieving excellent outcomes for both individuals and families. At Home Services operates in the Perth metro area and select areas of regional WA to assist our customers to live a fulfilling and independent life within the community.
The role of an At Home Services Support Worker is to provide assistance to customers so that they can continue to live at home and in the community. Services may include personal care, domestic assistance, social support, assistance with meals, shopping or local appointments, and in-home respite.
The candidate must posses the following essential skills:
- Passion for providing compassionate quality care and support to customers.
- Wiliness to prioritise the needs of the customer by taking a person-centered approach to care and support.
- Ability to politely and clearly explain issues and information to customers, their families and colleagues.
- Proven experience in building relationships with customers from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Be able to deliver a service without direct supervision while exhibiting initiative and enthusiasm.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations within the community.
It also desirable that you have previous experience working in aged or community services and/or have a Certificate III in Home and Community Care (previously Community Aged Care), Aged Care, Disability or similar equivalent; or/and recognition of current competency in a similar role.
To meet the conditions of employment the following is also essential:
- National Police Certificate (screened in accordance with the organisations policies).
- Current and valid Driver?s License (Car).
- Reliable, roadworthy, licensed, and insured vehicle, available to be used for work.
- An understanding of how to use a smart-phone.
- Physically capable of performing the duties of the position.
- Current ?Provide First Aid? certificate (HLTAID003).
The majority of the shifts for this opportunity will be based in Narrogin, and will include some split shifts and a variety of short (1 hour) and long (up to 5 hour) shifts.