If you are a high achiever, who loves engaging with customers and managing support workers, then this may be the role for you! The Team Leader (Veterans Home Care) provides support to the Senior Manager by co-ordinating the Veterans Home Care Program and ensures that service delivery for the program is of the highest standard. Based in our Belmont Office and working within the Home Care Services team, this role will also be responsible for managing our team of Support Workers across a number of locations.
Working closely with the Senior Manager, Case Managers and Scheduling, you will be the main contact point for Support Workers to ensure consistency of service delivery and overall contractual, regulatory, and legislative compliance. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Community Aged Care, particularly Veterans’ Home Care Program, will thrive working in a close-knit team environment and will have a passion for ensuring their team delivers the highest quality in customer care.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate the Veterans’ Home Care Program
- Responsible for providing quality care services through high quality resources
- Manage resource requirements and undertake workforce planning to meet current and future needs
- Responsible for training, leadership and mentoring of staff
- Monitor operational performance and ensure service levels are being met
- Assist Case Managers in identifying potential areas of service needs of new and established customers
- Responsible for management of staff (performance reviews, performance management, staff movement and training)
- Manage quality assurance and OHS issues in relation to staff
- Support staff in the implementation of quality thinking and systems, and develop and systems for potential organisational quality improvement
- Work collaboratively with HCS Management team to ensure operational requirements are met
What do we need from you?
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) or equivalent and/or Tertiary level qualification in a related discipline or broad based and extensive experience and knowledge around facilitating services in similar settings and role
- Effectively able to lead teams and individuals, with an appreciation and demonstrated capacity around collaboration, accountability and equity
- Proven experience training and developing staff in the Community Service sector. Preferably with Cert IV in Training and Assessment
- An appreciation of and demonstrated commitment to person-centered service delivery
- Highly developed communication skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with the client group and colleagues
- Sound organisational skills with the ability to work independently, meet deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Competence in using a variety of IT systems including complex databases and client management systems
To apply for this position please click on apply.
By joining the team at Baptistcare you will receive first class training and development opportunities, paid parental leave, discounts on health insurance and banking products and have access to an Employee Assistance Program. We also offer Salary Packaging to all eligible employees.